The IHCC was established in 2013 as one key action from the Welsh Government’s Health Within and Beyond Welsh Borders: An Enabling Framework for International Health Engagement (2012).
The IHCC is an all-Wales Centre providing a focal point for health related international work across the NHS in Wales.
The IHCC has a national remit to give a stronger structure and support in the way in which the NHS in Wales organises its global health activity, to build a healthier, happier and fairer Wales by advancing the way we work both within and beyond our borders.
In order to share Welsh experience and skills internationally, and to bring learning back to Wales, the IHCC links with a variety of international organisations.
The IHCC is structurally, managerially and financially embedded in the WHO Collaborating Centre, Public Health Wales.
Together with the International Health Division, the IHCC brings together a variety of profiles and nationalities. Click here to see the team establishing the IHCC and the International Health Division.
Established in 2013, the IHCCs initial role and priorities are outlined by Health Within and Beyond Welsh Borders: An Enabling Framework for International Health Engagement (2012). Our updated and revised objectives are to:
- Increase awareness, understanding and the appropriate use of international health policies, evidence and good practices in Wales;
- Enhance Wales’ impact on the UK and international health policies, research and practices;
- Increase international income for public health research and practice in Wales.
We plan to achieve these through working in three priority areas:
- Establishing an office, framework and active network for international health engagement and collaboration;
- Strengthening Wales’ leading role in global health and raising its international profile;
- Facilitating, developing and participating in international collaborations and funding applications, including research.
You can submit a project to the Welsh International Health Partnership Database or let the IHCC know about a news item or an event you would like to submit using the relevant forms.
For any other comments, queries and requests please contact:
International Health Coordination Centre
Public Health Wales NHS Trust
No 2 Capital Quarter
Call us 02920 227744
Faqs about the ihcc
The International Health Coordination Centre (IHCC) does not handle media enquires. For all media enquiries related to the IHCC, please contact the Public Health Wales Communications Team on 029 2034 8755 (24 hours).
Any related requests should be directed to the Public Health Wales Information Governance team on:
Ivor John Morley
Information Governance Manager
Public Health Wales
Temple of Peace and Health
Tel: 029 2040 2462 (indirect)
Mobile: 07794 331580